The Hill Is Taking An Ax To The TaxmanMike Mcnamee
If there was one bureaucracy that could always hold its own in Washington's budget wars, it was the Internal Revenue Service. The tax collectors offered Congress a deal it couldn't refuse: Give us more money, and we'll squeeze $3 out of tax scofflaws for every $1 we spend. Lawmakers, eager to raise cash without hiking taxes, have poured $750 million into tougher enforcement since 1990.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day