Taken For A Plane Ride
A lopsided deal. That's the news from a General Accounting Office report on a 1988 U.S.-Japan venture to develop a Japanese fighter modeled on the F-16. The agency says that the FS-X project was a boon to Japan's aerospace capability. But while U.S. industry picked up $1 billion in contracts, it got little of the manufacturing knowhow the feds promised.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- All 65 Aboard Plane Feared Dead in Crash in Southern Iran
- Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts
- Winn-Dixie and Tops Owners Are Said to Prepare for Bankruptcy