Mercedes' Maverick In AlabamaDavid Woodruff
One spring day in 1994, two Mercedes executives, Roland Folger and William Taylor, clung to a narrow ledge above the raging Aache River in the Austrian Alps. Below them, their handmade raft bounced crazily in the icy current. Despite their neoprene wet suits, the men shivered as they waited for companions to lower a rope from the cliff above.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations