Lose Some, Win Some
The Chemical-Chase merger may mean the loss of 4,000 jobs for metropolitan New York, where the workforce has been shrinking since the 1980s. But the New York region also boasts the largest number of companies with expanding payrolls. Example: new multimedia startups in Lower Manhattan. The San Francisco area, home to Silicon Valley, is No.2. Los Angeles' booming entertainment industry is hiring, too.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock