Here Comes HashimotoBy
With his slicked-back pompadour, 1950s sideburns, and caustic wit, Ryutaro Hashimoto has always played the maverick in consensus-loving Japan. Around the conservative Liberal Democratic Party, Hashimoto even became known as Mr. Pamado, after the Japanese word for hair gel, because of his image as a smooth political bperator. Most recently, the International Trade & Industry Minister won celebrity status for his abrasive negotiating style in this summer's tumultuous U.S.-Japan auto talks.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock