Sprucing Up The Old Eob
The General Services Administration is lobbying for an $80 million renovation of the Old Executive Office Building, home to the President's staff. The GSA says the century-old building--adjacent to the White House--is falling apart: Water pipes leak, and the electrical system is so creaky that building engineers fear it could cause a fire. But White House officials fret that a costly upgrade now might become a partisan target for budget-slashing Republicans.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas