Will Lightning Strike Twice At Creative?By
In the West, Sim Wong Hoo's name may not be up there in the pantheon of high-tech luminaries. But in his native Singapore, the chief executive of Creative Technology Ltd. is a celebrity. Sim has starred in a "do you know me" American Express Co. ad, was the inspiration for a soap opera character, and is lauded as a role model by the government. The source of his fame: In 14 years, Sim has turned a $6,000 investment into a $1.2 billion powerhouse by developing the Sound Blaster, an add-on card that puts the voice in 70% of all multimedia PCs used in the U.S.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap