The Fda Vs. Big TobaccoJohn Carey
As internal White House debates go, it was a real smoker. The issue: Should the Food & Drug Administration take on Big Tobacco? Vice-President Al Gore argued that the FDA's proposals to curb smoking by kids were the right thing to do. And tough action was just what President Clinton needed to remind Republicans and voters that he was still a force to be reckoned with.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas