Selling Books A Newfangled Way: Buying Them
As an author of another business book that is now on the shelves, I resent Michael Treacy's assertion in "Did dirty tricks create a best-seller?" (News: Analysis & Commentary, Aug. 7) that the tactics used constituted "creative marketing." If the market accepts the tactics used by CSC Index and the two authors, we will quickly arrive at a point where only those with deep pockets will be able to present their ideas to the business community. There are some creative ways of promoting a book, but deliberately inflating the sales figures is not one of them.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas