The Smart Money Is On Smart CardsRussell Mitchell
For U S West Inc., the Telecard is fast becoming the most popular Seattle export since the coffee bar. It looks like a credit card, but embedded in it is a microchip that can be "loaded" with digital cash for use in pay phones throughout Seattle. By next summer, 16,000 specially equipped pay phones in five cities will accept the cards. Now the company is talking with retailers. It's a win-win situation: Consumers get added convenience; U S West gets the promise of higher revenues.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders