Don't Bank On Reform
House Banking Committee Chairman James A. Leach (R-Iowa) is scrambling to save his banking reform bills. Leach's measures have stalled over controversial new rules on bank competition in the insurance business. To break the stalemate, bankers say they'll support the bills without any insurance provisions. But insurance agents are fighting this plan for fear an amendment protecting them from bank competition would be dropped.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap