Diversity: Beyond The Numbers GameMichele Galen
Patricia Bush is the kind of employee every company wants. She's hardworking, creative, and gets things done. An African American project manager at Polaroid Corp., Bush joined the Cambridge (Mass.) employer after college, in 1979, and has moved steadily up through production, marketing, and sales. It doesn't hurt that Polaroid has supported Bush--and other minority and women professionals--by giving her jobs with high visibility and clout. What's more, the top brass gives free rein to an advocacy group of senior black managers that Bush helps run. "When I talk to my friends at other companies, it's like night and day," Bush says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders