The Daughter Also RisesGeoffrey Smith
It's an unusual way to groom a future CEO. At Fidelity Investments, the boss's daughter manages the $1.9 billion Fidelity OTC Portfolio, an assignment that has virtually no relation to the day-to-day operations of her family's sprawling financial-services empire. "It's a full-time job, plus," says 33-year-old Abigail P. Johnson, adding that when she's not working 11-hour days running the fund, she's home in the Boston suburbs taking care of her 4-month-old daughter, Julia. "I don't have time to go messing around in other departments," she says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas