No Film, Maybe But A Big NegativeBy
This outfit is no Microsoft, Intel, or General Motors. Yet the stock is far pricier than these profitable giants: It's trading at a disturbing 443 times 12-month earnings, 51 times book value, and 44 times sales. What is this unbelievable highflier? It's Presstek (PRST), and if you've never heard of it, you're not alone. The Hudson (N.H.) company has developed a proprietary imaging technology that speeds up printing by a process that eliminates the need for photographic film. Nevertheless, "this is the most bizarre, ridiculously overpriced stock around," says Stephen Leeb, editor of Personal Finance in Alexandria, Va., who predicts it will plunge from 51 to the upper teens.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas