Who Knew What, When, About First Fidelity?Phillip L. Zweig
When First Fidelity announced on June 19 that it would sell out to First Union Corp., based in Charlotte, N.C., for $5.4 billion in stock in the biggest bank deal ever, Spain's Banco Santander, First Fidelity's largest shareholder, could hardly have been more pleased.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing