America: Power PerformerBy
The contrast could hardly be more stark: Corporate America vs. Japan Inc. In the U.S., rising productivity, soaring profits, and growing international revenues are sharply boosting the market value of companies, especially in computers, drugs, and consumer products. But the superstrong yen and weak financial system are hammering corporate Japan, sending profits and market capitalization plunging.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing