Nano Needles To Tailor Molecules
IMAGINE DIPPING AN ULTRAFINE QUILL PEN INTO PLATINUM ink, then using it to transform the chemical structure of individual molecules. In essence, that is what chemists at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory Materials Sciences Div. have just done. Their feat signals the dawn of "nanocatalysis"--a technology that could allow chemical reactions to be triggered molecule by molecule.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances