It's Open Season On NonprofitsPaul Magnusson
They call it The Yuppie Y: eight gleaming floors of designer exercise machines, squash courts, an Olympic-size swimming pool, a virtual-reality golf course, and a multimedia Nautilus room right smack in the middle of downtown Washington. You can even get your Guccis polished while you work out. Down the block from the YMCA, editors at the National Geographic Society's posh headquarters stroll about lush gardens when they're not compiling the society's venerated magazine, mailed free to its 9 million members.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day