-- SEVERAL MAKERS OF GOLF carts are adding links--so to speak--to the global positioning system (GPS), the satellites that helped allied tanks navigate the Iraqi desert in the Persian Gulf War and is now helping drivers find their way through unfamiliar streets. Park these carts near a ball, and the GPS screen shows the distance to the flag--accurate to within a few feet. Some golf-course managers say that by removing uncertainty about distance, the carts speed up play and make way for additional golfers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner