A Socialist Wreck On The Mend...Faces A Deadly Enemy: AidsDrusilla Menaker
When Malcolm F. McPherson of the Harvard Institute for International Development arrived at Zambia's Finance Ministry in 1992, he knew the economy was in trouble. How badly, he couldn't tell: Central-bank accounts hadn't been audited since 1988, and when asked how much Zambia owed international lenders, officials simply said "a lot."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing