Table: Golden Handshakes
Premiums paid in recent software acquisitions, based on targets' share prices --SHARE PRICE-- TARGET ACQUIRER BEFORE** AFTER PREMIUM DEAL VALUE LOTUS IBM $31.50 $64.00 103% $3.5 billion LEGENT COMPUTER $27.75 $47.95 73% $1.8 billion ASSOCIATES INTUIT MICROSOFT* $42.25 $77.08 82% $1.5 billion POWERSOFT SYBASE $58.00 $77.40 33% $875 million **30 days before announcement *Deal dropped DATA: BROADVIEW ASSOCIATES LP
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis