SoftWare In The Head?Amy Cortese
So fine: IBM won. It took just one week of relatively painless negotiations. On June 11, Chairman Louis V. Gerstner Jr. cheerfully announced that Big Blue would indeed acquire Lotus Development Corp. All it had to do was keep Lotus Chairman Jim P. Manzi on as a senior vice-president--at least temporarily. And shell out $3.5 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing