Look Out, World Samsung Is ComingLaxmi Nakarmi
At a trade show in Yokohama in late April, Samsung Electronics Co. suprised Japanese and U.S. participants with a complete range of new computer screens. They included thin-film-transistor liquid-crystal-display (TFT-LCD) screens in Samsung-branded laptop computers. "Everyone was clambering all over their booth," says David Andrews, chief executive of Interlingua Inc. in Redondo Beach, Calif. "The high point of the show, in fact, was that Samsung was obviously telegraphing its intention to be a big player in this industry."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing