Gop Moderates Bow Out?
Conservatives are rejoicing because three veteran GOP moderates may retire from the Senate next year. Capitol Hill sources say they are Mark O. Hatfield of Oregon, who blocked passage of a balanced-budget amendment; Nancy L. Kassebaum of Kansas, who has long talked of stepping down; and William S. Cohen of Maine, who is openly unhappy with the Senate's sharp shift to the right.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy