Devil In The DemoBy
I usually don't evaluate software until I've used a finished version. A joke making the rounds of the computer industry explains why: Microsoft CEO William H. Gates III goes to his reward. It's not heaven but hell that offers him a choice of three doors. Bill asks for a peek, and Satan says: "Sure." Bill opens the first door and sees a fiery pit full of anguished souls. The second door opens on the same scene. But the third door offers a vista of a lovely, sun-drenched beach. Bill chooses No.3 and is immediately cast into a pit of burning brimstone. "What happened to the beach?" he asks the nearest imp. "Oh," the imp replies, "that was just the demo."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing