Trouble For Saddam
According to reports reaching Jordan, serious violence broke out last month in the Iraqi city of Ar Ramadi, formerly a stronghold of Saddam Hussein. The trouble was touched off by the execution of an air force officer who was accused of participating in a coup plot. When his body arrived back home bearing marks that indicated he had undergone brutal torture, enraged townspeople rioted, burning government offices and a glass works.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing