Commentary: Throwing Money At Science Just Creates A MonsterJohn Carey
It's one of the rites of spring in Washington--scientists crying wolf over federal funding. Every year, as Congress crafts a new budget, the research community proclaims that the crippling of American technology and competitiveness is at hand. Their beef: disappointing increases for the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, and other sacred research agencies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself