Might Alcatel Face A Total Revamp?
SERGE TCHURUK COULD BE just the guy to take the reins at troubled French telecom giant Alcatel Alsthom. As chief executive of France's Total, he achieved an impressive turnaround in five years, doubling oil and gas revenues while streamlining from top to bottom. At Alcatel, whose board nominated him on May 30 to be CEO, he will assume control of a company whose profits have plunged 40% amid a string of legal scandals. Tchuruk is likely to speed restructuring, wean Alcatel from heavy dependence on cozy government contracts, and devise a new strategy for deregulating markets rapidly.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas