A Tidy Package For Crown CorkJoseph Weber
For a decade, William Avery labored in the shadows of Crown Cork & Seal CEO John Connelly. Cautious and debt-averse, Connelly expanded the company gradually. Then in 1990, Avery took over--and was quick to put his imprint on the packaging maker. In the past five years, he has acquired about 20 companies, more than doubling Crown's sales, to $4.5 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis