Table: How Convertibles Temper Risk
Total return on the traditional equity and convertible securities of AMR Corp., parent of American Airlines, would vary markedly under different market scenarios CURRENT PRICE SCENARIOS* YIELD (4/27/95) STOCK FALLS STOCK RISES 28% IN A YEAR 39% IN A YEAR COMMON STOCK 0% $68 $49(-28%) $95(+39%) CONVERTIBLE BOND 6.26% $98 $85(-6.5%) $121(+30%) *Stock's potential movement based on its historical volatility DATA: CALAMOS ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Prime-Age Men May Never Return to U.S. Workforce, Fed Paper Says