Global MissionTim Smart
George David hates to lose. In a week of international sailboat racing off Key West, Fla., in January, his $1 million, custom-built, 45-foot craft missed first place by a mere 40 seconds. The United Technologies Corp. chief executive, who captained the boat himself, now dreams of adding a laser range finder like those used in America's Cup races to give his boat an edge. In sailboat racing, David explains, "you win with preparation and teamwork." Business, he adds, "is sailboat racing on a larger scale."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again