Who Says The '80s Are Over?Leah Nathans Spiro
By all accounts, the Palm Springs conference at La Quinta last February was a spectacle. The 500 guests constituted a who's who of real estate. The gathering got rolling Thursday night with rock 'n' roll by the Gin Blossoms, followed the next evening by the Four Tops, and then, on Saturday, the Eagles. After playing their signature song, Hotel California, Eagles lead singer Glen Frey stepped up to the mike and wryly remarked: "You folks must have had a good year, because we don't come cheap."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt