What? You Haven't Heard Of Mitac?Margaret Dawson
Matthew Miau is resigned to being one of the computer world's least-known powers. As chairman of Mitac International Corp., the former Intel engineer has built his company into Taiwan's No.2 computer maker, behind Acer Inc. But most PC users have never heard of Mitac. During the computer industry shakeout of the early 1990s, Miau pulled the plug on efforts to sell Mitac's brand-name computers and monitors in the U.S. "We weren't as daring as Acer," he says. "We lost a few million and decided to cut our losses."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Drift as Dollar Extends Decline: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020