A Hemline With A Credit LineLeah Nathans Spiro
Ah, Oscar Night. Full of glitter, gold--and American Express gold cards.
This year's scene-stealer: Lizzy Gardiner, the costume designer who won an Oscar for her work on The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, a sort of Australian transvestite buddy movie. She accepted her award in a gown made of AmEx gold cards. Quipped host David Letterman: "You can't buy that kind of advertising."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts