Clinton's New Covenant? Thanks, But No Thanks
In "The crux for Clinton: following through" (News: Commentary & Analysis, Feb. 6), you seem to think the New Covenant is a reasonable vision of government. You quote from Clinton's State of the Union speech: "We should rely on government as a partner to help us do more for ourselves." As a middle-class American who voted for the GOP last November, I see nothing reasonable in that. This government "partner," with my other "partner," the state of Michigan, already takes 40% of my income.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap