A Call For Tough Love In Mexico
I have read several articles on Mexico and the measures that the U.S. and several countries are going to take to help Mexico ("Washington to the rescue. Now, about the price..." International Business, Jan. 30). My response is: Do not lend any more money to this damned country.
The only people who benefit are the politicians like Salinas, who privatized several very important state companies and became one of the richest men in the world. He lied to all of us citizens of Mexico, saying that everything was O.K.
Yes, everything was O.K. for him. However, he led the country to become nearly bankrupt and transformed more than half of the population into street vendors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- U.S. Stocks Fall With Treasuries, Dollar Climbs: Markets Wrap
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far
- U.S. Pays Up to Auction $179 Billion of Debt in a Span of Hours
- Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun