Bond Funds: Nowhere To Go But Up?Jeffrey M. Laderman
For the bond market, 1994 will go down in infamy. The debacle was the worst in 60 years. Investors who thought they were being prudent by buying bond funds discovered to their horror that even the highest-quality portfolio lost value in the face of rising rates. After pouring $113.6 billion into bond funds in 1993, investors did an about-face. They took $43.5 billion more out of the funds than they put in.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018