1998 Just May Be The Year Of The Apple
Your article "It just may be the year of the Apple" (Information Processing, Jan. 16), claims that, with the delay of Windows 95, Apple computers might just have an opportunity to capture some market share by means of licensing. However, Apple does not have a real shot at the market with its PowerPC chip because of the large marketshare held by the PC. In order for Apple to really move forward, it must be acquired by IBM.
IBM is capable of acquiring Apple and could recapture the market, which would take about three years.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks Rise With Treasuries as Dollar Slips: Markets Wrap
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses