We Have Salinas To Thank For The Peso DebacleRudi Dornbusch
The crash of the Mexican peso is just one more example of the cycle of delirious optimism followed by collapse and bottomless gloom in Latin American finance. The peso's fate has ruined investors' end-of-year bonuses and is a major setback to Mexico's prospects. A postmortem is instructive. The blame lies squarely with former President Carlos Salinas de Gortari.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations