Investment Figures Of The Week
COMMENTARY Maybe there is a Santa Claus. Stocks finished the week with a small gain, but not without a lot of volatility. The Dow Jones industrials dropped nearly 50 points on Dec. 7, fretting about the fallout from the Orange County crisis. After the weekend, stocks rallied back, helped by government reports that inflation is still low. The best-performing industry group of the last four weeks is electric utilities, up 6.3%. That could be a sign that long-term interest rates are heading south.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting