Beach Boys: Short On Good VibrationsNanette Byrnes
THE BEACH BOYS ARE NOT harmonizing this holiday season. Mike Love is fighting his cousin Brian Wilson in a Los Angeles court over a piece of the writer's royalty rights--worth millions--to California Girls and 44 other 1960s classics. The case has just gone to a jury. Songwriters receive half the royalties when a tune is used for ads or remakes. The publisher collects the rest.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks