Tidings Of Profit And JoyGene Koretz
Just how good a Christmas season will retailers ring up? According to Peter Appert, an analyst at Alex. Brown & Sons, a highly reliable clue is the amount of gift wrapping that merchants themselves buy in the months just prior to the holiday. This year, he reports, gift-wrap shipments indicate that fourth-quarter sales of clothing and other nondurable items will be up about 6.2%--a generous increase over the 4.6% sales gain wrapped up last year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States