Yup Demand Is Soaring. But So Will SupplyKaren Pennar
The news certainly sounds alarming. Copper prices at a four-year high. Ethylene prices nearly doubling since the spring. Steel prices up 25% over the past 18 months. Now that Europe and Japan are recovering and the developing nations are growing smartly, demand is sure to keep rising. Can a surge in finished-goods prices be far behind? Is the long-feared roar of inflation about to be heard?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing