The Army Of Urchins Occupying HanoiJoanne Levine
It is dawn, and Bui Van Ly is getting ready for work. He steps over a carpet of frail children sleeping shoulder-to-shoulder, brushes off his frayed Adidas track suit, grabs a stack of newspapers, and heads out to Hoan Kiem Lake in the center of Hanoi to sell enough tabloids to buy food for the day. "I used to be a beggar," says the 12-year-old proudly.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster