Teach! Tries For More ReachChristina Del Valle
EDUCATIONAL BARNSTORMER Wendy S. Kopp is about to unveil a project that's bound to rile teachers' unions. Five years ago, fresh out of Princeton University, she founded the Peace Corps-like Teach For America, which recruits new BAs to teach in public schools for a few years without conventional teacher training. The new project, Teach!, aims to recruit and train teachers on a larger scale. The nonprofit program will seek recruits aged 25 and up who intend to teach as a career. For each teacher trained and placed, Teach! will charge about $8,000--half from the teacher and half from the school district. Teach For America is funded by grants.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap