Barney RubbleMark Maremont
WHAT'S BIG AND PURPLE AND flat on its back? Barney, the insipid dinosaur. And that's bad news for J.C. Penney. Last year, when Barney was hotter than a Jurassic-era volcano, the Plano (Tex.) retailer was one of Barney's biggest promoters. Most Penney stores devoted an entire section to everything from Barney sleeping bags to Barney stuffed toys.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself