Reality CheckEric Schine
PROPOSITION 187 is supposed to save California money by cutting off basic services, such as schooling and prenatal care, for illegal immigrants. The measure, which voters just passed by a wide margin, depends on enlisting teachers, nurses, and others to turn in illegals who come to them. The reasoning: California's limping economy can ill afford to pay for a constant stream of poor newcomers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks