Agenda Item: Government Reform
There will be lots of agitation for an early vote on term limits and line-item veto authority for the President. The GOP will be pushing a "Big Swap" plan that shifts responsibility for many government programs to the states. Newt Gingrich also will urge deep cuts in congressional staff, internal reforms that make it easier for controversial measures to reach the floor, and a requirement that Congress abide by the same statutes it imposes on business.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm