They're Lobbing Missiles Over A Submarine MakerJulia Flynn and Heidi Dawley
Talk about an eager buyer. Barely 24 hours after offering $798 million in stock for nuclear submarine maker VSEL PLC, senior officials of British Aerospace PLC (BAe) flew from London to Barrow, VSEL's headquarters on England's northwest coast, to meet their counterparts and discuss the future. Since VSEL's board had accepted the offer, the mood was buoyant. No wonder: It had taken nearly a year of on-again, off-again negotiations to clinch the deal.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing