David Hale's Biotech BluesLarry Armstrong
For Gensia Chairman David Hale, Oct. 18 was a heartbreaker. That day, Gensia announced that its Protara, a drug to prevent heart attacks during coronary bypasses, had failed clinical trials needed to win FDA approval. It was the latest in a string of late-stage biotech failures, and Wall Street stripped Gensia of half its market value. Says Hale: "I never dreamed that this could happen."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing